Friday, April 6, 2012

Dotted Mani

So, I decided to enter a contest (why, not?) and there were some requirements for the nail art. I decided to go with dots because I hadn't tried it before. I don't have a dotting tool, but I saw an idea from The Beauty Department to make my own. I ended up using a pin with a larger round ball and it worked very well. Here is the original mani. After I got this done, I couldn't resist adding a little bit more.

Loreal Shock Proof White, NYC Penn Station, NYC Greenwich Village, Wet 'n Wild Blazed, and Orly Sunset Peach
After that, I make a dotting tool using a pin with s small ball and added little white dots to my ring finger nail.

So, my first dotting experience went pretty well. I tried to pick colors that reminded me of a sunset I saw in Massachusetts last summer. It was already almost dark out, but the sun setting just over the water created this awesome purple to orange effect. It was gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.