Sunday, April 5, 2015

52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge - Music + Not Worn Enough

Good morning. Well, I had wanted to post this manicure last night, but unfortunately, I fell asleep. So, you are getting it a day late, but I am rested, so that is good. With this mani, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at first. I was trying to think of a band's cover art to do, or something like that, but every time I started thinking about it, I wouldn't be able to come up with anything. Music makes me think of my sister, so I kept circling back to her. The girl literally lives for music. She loves it. It is her passion. So, I decided to go another direction and just let her inspire my musical nails. Now, when I think of my sister, I think of natural beauty. She gravitates toward neutral and earthy colors, and seriously is just effortlessly beautiful. So, I was digging through my messy drawer of untrieds and came across China Glaze Lug Your Designer Baggage. It is an neutral brown base with gold flakies, and instantly made me think of my sister (color-wise I mean, the name is basically the exact opposite of my sister haha). I came up with the rest pretty quickly.


So after painting my nails with CGLYDB, I found a few stamping plates from the sets I received at Christmas, and added some musical stamps using PUEEN47 and Bundle Monster plate BM-411 with Wet n Wild Wet Cement.


Here is CGLYDB by itself. It's a brown crelly with loads of little gold flakies that builds up to opacity quickly in just two coats. This is a color that I bought just because it looks interesting and different, and I really don't wear brown  much unless it fits my nail art, so I figured this color would fit well with the "not worn enough" prompt.



Thank you so much for stopping by on this lovely Easter Sunday. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.