Sunday, August 5, 2012

Liebster Award!

I have received the Liebster Blog Award from Polished Art.  Thank you so much!
 

Here are the rules for this award: 

  • Post 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the questions the tagger has asked you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate
  • Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers to give this award to and link to them
  • Go to their pages and tell them (Remember no tag backs!)
So here are my 11 facts:
  1. I just celebrated my 10 year wedding anniversary.
  2. I have a dog and three cats (and they torture us, but we adore them).
  3. I am a college student part-time and hope to graduate in less than 2 years now.
  4. I have a younger sister who is a very talented musician - she can play any instrument, it's amazing, and I am so proud of her!
  5.  I am an avid gamer - I play xbox and have put in more hours than I should admit.
  6. I snowboard in the winter - but not last winter because we didn't have one. :(
  7. I am going on vacation in less than 3 weeks and I cannot wait!
  8. Ever since I saw the movie Amelie, I love eating creme brulee.
  9. Speaking of movies, I love old romantic movies - anything black and white!
  10. I can't stand the city - the only reasons why I will go there is for the art museum, the zoo, or good food.
  11. I have quite possible the best family ever. Even my in-laws are awesome, and I feel so lucky to have all of them in my life. :)
Here are the questions that Polished Art asked me:
  1. Why did you start your blog?  I had been playing around with nail art I found on Pinterest, and was posting my pictures there. It seemed to get a lot of interest, so I decided to try my hand at blogging.
  2. How did you get into nail art?  I have always enjoyed painting my nails, and did the occasional polka dots or stripes as far back as high school (and that was a long time ago). I started to really get into nail art earlier this year. It takes less time than a painting and gives me an outlet for my creativity.
  3. What's your go to manicure when you're feeling uninspired? Probably something with tape, but I am rarely uninspired. :)
  4. What nail polish are you lusting after at the moment? That's a hard one! I really like the new Zoya Gloss polishes, and I am also practically desperate to get my hands on all the colors from the OPI Muppet Collection. :)
  5. Which is your favorite brand of nail polish? Drugstore: NYC  High End: Zoya
  6. Are you a fan of indie polishes and why? I am NOT a fan. First of all, I can't afford them, and they don't seem worth it to me. And secondly, as you may have noticed, I am not a big fan of all-over glitter. I love sparkle, but I think that painting your nails in one glitter polish is boring (even if the polish is crazy colorful), it's just not me.
  7. Which sports do you enjoy watching in the Olympics? Gymnastics, and anything on the track/running. I used to run when I was younger, and miss it like crazy, but I just don't have the time in my life right now to dedicate to it. Hopefully that will change when I graduate from college!
  8. Where in the world would you most like to visit? Oh gosh, there are a lot of places, but I think I would love to go somewhere like Bora Bora for a romantic getaway with my hubby. We never had a honeymoon, and I feel like we need to remedy that! Maybe for our 15 year anniversary we will make it happen.
  9. What other hobbies do you have? Aside from what I mentioned earlier, I also love scrapbooking, photography, painting or pretty much any art, and watching old movies (from the 20's - 50's).
  10. Do you have any strange fears? Well, I'm not afraid of much...but I can't eat frozen custard because the last time I had it (over 10 years ago), I was sick for 3 days (which was probably the flu and unrelated). I can't get over it though and am basically terrified of frozen custard. :)
  11. And for the classic...if you were an animal, what would you be and why? There are a lot of animals I would like to be, but the one that is popping in my head now is a dolphin. I think it would be cool to swim like that and see all the awesome things that are in the ocean.
 And here are the blogs I am nominating - hopefully this will not be a repeat for any of you:
  1. Scarlet Nail Diaries
  2. Chocolate on my mouse 
  3. Confessions Of A Polishaholic
  4. Cuti-CLUE-les 
  5. Girl On A Shoestring 
  6. Hooked on Varnish 
  7. Lacquer Pamper 
  8. Mangling my Manicure 
  9. My Nail of This Week 
  10. Plisheriffic 
Well that's it. I'm only nominating ten of you because all the other people I would have liked to nominate had already received the award from someone else! I'll be back tomorrow with a new mani!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Jessie!
    Actually this is first time to get such a stuff <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - and you deserve it! Your nail art is really great. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and needed to ask you; Do you have your own question or you're going to build up 11 question for nominees? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry - I meant to put in my post that I wanted you to answer the same questions I did - I was totally lazy with this one! :P

      Delete
  3. Well crap, I nominated you too! Haha, I didn't see your post until now. Oh, well - I think it's probably a sign of how great your blog is to be nominated twice! I really love seeing your posts :]

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.