Saturday, March 21, 2015

52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge - Mermaid + Lavender and Green = Little Mermaid Nails

Hi everyone. I thought long and hard before I attempted this manicure because the idea of butchering my favorite movie EVER, kind of made me want to throw up. But, I decided to get brave and try it.  With the theme this week being Mermaid + Lavender and Green, I just had to. I know miss Debbie Crumpet was leading us all in this direction with this prompt, but I took the bait anyway. There are a lot of colors in here besides lavender and green, but technically this mani encompasses all of the prompts. :)


I love The Little Mermaid so much. It is my favorite movie - since I was 5 years old. I used to splash around in the pool at hotels like a maniac and jump up on the edge singing Part of Your World like there was no tomorrow. As an adult, I restrain myself in the pool, but I still sing the songs at the top of my lungs while I'm painting my nails each night. I might also have Ariel pajamas.... ;)


Anyway, I am so stoked on these. I was so scared I would mess them up, but I am satisfied with the results. I wish I were better at painting tiny faces, but practice makes perfect, so I will keep trying. I used a lot of different colors in this manicure, so I am not going to list them all here. If anyone wants to know what any of the colors are, just ask in the comments below. :) Here is what I shared on my instagram earlier to show a little peek at my painting process.


Thank you so much for looking and make sure you look at what everyone else did for this week's prompts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.