Thursday, August 28, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Purple

Hi everyone! I decided to try out something which I haven't done before for the sake of using up and old purple polish from Julep that I haven't really known what to do with. They call this polish a glaze, but I thought it seemed like a jelly and decided to try my hand at a "pond" manicure. I have done a jelly stamp-wich before, but knew that this would take a really long time since you have to do several layers to get the pond effect right. And it did.

Julep Candy Pond Manicure
Julep Candy Pond Manicure

This is Julep Candy. I got this polish from my aunt who had gotten it in her Boho Glam box a couple years ago and decided it wasn't for her. I stamped with Konad Special White polish using Mash-41. I did two coats of Candy, stamped, added another coat, stamped again slightly offset from the first one, added another coat, stamped again, and then added one last coat to seal it all in. I actually did this mani over the course of several days because I just didn't have the consecutive hours it would have taken to do this all at once.

Julep Candy Pond Manicure

I'm not including a swatch of Julep Candy by itself, because it just looked too bad. My poor nails are pretty stained, and it is super sheer. I wouldn't have been able to show what it actually looked like. It had a great consistency and didn't streak at all, which made this manicure a lot easier than it could have been.

Thank you so much for reading my post - have a fantastic day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.