Sunday, April 28, 2013

Laid-Back NEW31DC Day 25 - Inspired By Your Childhood

My nail art today is inspired by...flying toasters! I don't know if any of you that are old enough had a Macintosh as a kid, but I did and I LOVED the After Dark Flying Toasters screen saver. I could watch that all day, and I did. So entertaining. We would wait for the computer to sit long enough so that the screensaver would come on and then watch those flying toasters, and this super epic song would play while they flew across the screen like an army making toast. So I am paying homage to the good old days, when computers were gigantic, and had hardly any memory on them, but they were awesome and new and the wave of the future. :)


So I started off with two coats of Pure Ice Black Rage. This is still, hands down, my favorite black polish. It is so opaque after just one coat! Then I added my nail art using China Glaze Desert Sun & Call Of The Wild for the toast, Julep Harley for the toasters, and Pure Ice SuperStar! for their wings. :)


Here is a picture of Pure Ice Black Rage all by itself.


And for those of you who have no clue what I am talking about, here is a link to a video on YouTube. And wouldn't you know, while I was looking for a video, I found out that they make this same screensaver for Windows 7 - WHAT?!

Flying Toasters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cm7tv5cM8g

Yay! Alright - so let's see what everyone else did for their childhood memories. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.