Saturday, May 23, 2015

Negative Space Stamping with Suki XL Plate 06

Good morning and happy Friday Eve! We are almost there - it's almost the weekend! Today, I have another negative space mani. I wanted it to kind of look like the black and red lacquered art I have seen a lot from Japan.


I painted on my normal base coat (OPI Nail Envy), and then taped off the tip of each nail. After that, I stamped this image on each nail using Konad Special Black polish. When that was dry, I added a coat of Seche Vite to ensure it would not smear, then taped off the opposite bit of my nail so that I could add my bright red tips. The red polish is Nicole by OPI Challenge Red-y. It's very funky!


I think this mani turned out pretty cool. It's honestly better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.