Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 5 - Fruits

Day 5 (July 9th) of the Summer Challenge is Fruits. I didn't even know where to start with this one. Fruit?? What do I pick? Can I pick more than one fruit, or should I just pick one? So many decisions. In the end, my fruit-themed manicure is all about one fruit that I love using in smoothies - limes. So here is my lime-themed mani.


I'm actually pretty disappointed in how this turned out. It looked great in my head, but I had poor execution. :( My hand would not stop shaking and all my lines are so wobbly. I will say that I love the colors I chose, and will probably try to do something like this again, but when I have a steadier hand.           
So what do you think? I used Julep Jessica for the base, and then drew my limes using NYC High Line Green, Pure Ice Wild Thing, and used Pure Ice Super Star! (which for some reason actually picked up the green from underneath and turned yellow - I've never had that happen before). Here is another pick from far away.


Here is Julep Jessica all by itself, before my mani got all jacked up. :P

Thank you so much for looking! A full outline of the challenge can be found here. Please be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge, too!

  1. Theodora from Red Hair and Black Nail Polish
  2. Kaki from GlitterObsession
  3. Cuti-CLUE-les
  4. Whimsical Glam
  5. Sue from Creative Nail Design by Sue
  6. Sangy from Lipgloss Affairs
  7. Taya from Taya
  8. Kelly from Adventures in Nail Art
  9. Diana from Nails by Diana
  10. Alexis Leigh from -XOXO Alexis Leigh
  11. Namira from Namira Rahman
  12. Chiro from Nail of This Week
  13. IsaBella at IsaBella's World
  14. Beautilicious Blogger
  15. Nikki from Little Green Heart
  16. Peace Love and Polish

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm glad you like them! I was a little mad at them, myself, but I am glad to get some positive feedback! :)

      Delete
  2. I like this manicure very much. And the color combo is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really excited about these colors together - my hubby actually helped me pick them out.

      Delete
  3. I love limes! and i love this manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was trying to do a fruit no one else would pick! :)

      Delete
  4. Cute lovely limes...you are an amazing artist :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. I really love drawing and painting, and this is where I do most of it. If not for nail art, I probably wouldn't get to do it so often. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment. :)

      Delete
  5. OMG very cute, you did such a good job and I love how you pieced them on the nail instead of doing an entire nail with a single piece of fruit. NIce!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt the need to do something different, and I had seen so many manicures before where the whole nail was done as a single piece of fruit - I had to get creative! :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.