Monday, October 6, 2014

Child of Light Nail Art

I just want to start off this post by saying that this is the best video game I have played in a long time. It is beautiful, the controls are amazing, the music is awesome, and the story is devastating and delightful at the same time. I loved it so much, I played through the entire thing in a week, and got all of the achievements for it. When it was over, and I had nothing left to do, I felt a little bummed. BUT, there are always new games, so I will just do nail art until another good one comes out. :)





I loved all of the images and characters in this game, so I tried to translate this to my nails as best as I could. The image on my index and pinkie is the princess, Aurora. Her firefly friend, Igniculus, is the little bluish glowing thing on my index finger with Aurora. On my pinkie finger, Aurora has her wings and is flying through a cave. :) On my middle finger, is a tree that you come across near the beginning of the game. It's really just a landmark, but it was so pretty, I had to put it on my nail.





On my ring finger is Aurora's crown. She points out several times herself that the inside of the crown is stamped with 'faux'. It was never explained 100% in the story, but I thought it meant that the crown was not hers (a fake). I thought that this was a hint that she didn't feel like she deserved or earned the crown, and therefore she was a fraud. Since I do not want to spoil the ending, some things do get explained further down the line, but basically the crown is a form of protection. The image on my thumb is the logo for the game. I had an impossible time with the little vines and flowers, but it is as close as I could get it.


I really loved this game. It was so true to life. Rather than follow the usual fairy tale type story, it is quite sad. We find that we do not always get what we want, that bad things happen to good people, that sometimes evil does triumph over good, and that life is a long, hard journey for most people. Oh and let's not forget that I was a flying, princess with bright red hair and a sassy attitude. That helped. So there you have it. If any of you are video games fans, I highly recommend this one. See below for a list of all of the colors that I used in this manicure - it is a lot of polishes!
  • Julep: Jessica, Margaret, Annemarie, & Clara
  • Zoya: Lo, Pippa, & Wednesday
  • Pure Ice: Black Rage, Kiss Me Here, & Vintage Glam
  • Wet n Wild: I Need A RefreshMint
  • NYC: Fuchsia Shock Creme
  • Crabtree & Evelyn: Peony
  • Butter London: Royal Navy
  • Essie: Apertif
  • Salon Perfect: Blue Raspberry
  • Sally Hansen: Razz-berry
  • China Glaze: Call Of The Wild
  • Sinful Colors: Last Chance
I used Confetti Wedding White for my base and all of the white in this manicure. Even though I painted over it for the most part, I wanted to swatch it out. It is an ok white, but not the most opaque. This took three coats.



Thank you so much for looking! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.