Wednesday, October 15, 2014

52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge - 1960s + Matte

This week's prompt for the 52 Week Pick n Mix challenge is 1960s + matte or texture. I decided to go with a matte 1960s look for this one. I might show off some previously unswatched textured polish later in the week, too, if I have time. For this manicure, I used a fabric pattern I found online while looking for some 1960s inspiration. I didn't recreate it exactly, but I did try to use the same colors at least.




My base for this manicure is Spoiled I Only Eat Salads. The flowers and leaves were done using Nicole by O.P.I. Pros And Confidence, NYC High Line Green, Pure Ice Vintage Glam, and Konad Special White. After I finished my nails, I added Essie Matte About You. This is a closeup of my favorite nail - my index finger. :)


Here is what this manicure looked like before I mattified it.



Here is what Spoiled I Only Eat Salads looks like on it's own. This is two coats.


Thank you so much for looking, and make sure you check out what everyone else did for their 1960s manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.