Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge - Matte Dotticure

It's day two of the Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, and I am much more happy with the way this mani turned out. I started out with a gradient, turned it matte, and then added my dots. I've been desperate to use some purple and slime green on my nails for the Halloween season, and this was my chance. Woohoo! Take a look.

Green and Purple Matte Dotticure

For this dotticure, I started out with a gradient using Sally Hansen Pronto Purple, Pure Ice Black Rage, and Color Club Twiggie. Then I mattified it using NYC Matte Me Crazy, and added I dots with Pronto Purple and Twiggie. I so love the way this mani turned out! Here are a few pics of the process, so you can see the gradient before I mattified it and added the dots.

Matte Gradient

Thanks for looking, and be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally love how this turned out. I can't wait to try it out with different colors!

      Delete
  2. I love this! It is very halloween without being toooo halloweenie... if that makes sense? hahah :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get what you're saying. I picked these colors because they make me think of witches! It came out looking a little more monster-ish, but I'm ok with that! :)

      Delete
  3. WOW they are gorgeous !! I really like the look of it !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is one of my better creative experiments. :P

      Delete
  4. It reminds me of the show Dinosaurs.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you say that. They remind me of dinosaurs to...maybe it's because of the show. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow Jess! I'm definitely going to try to recreate this one (giving you full credit to any complimenters of course!). You are great with color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear! And do share with me if you recreate this!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.