Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge - Matte Dotticure

It's day two of the Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, and I am much more happy with the way this mani turned out. I started out with a gradient, turned it matte, and then added my dots. I've been desperate to use some purple and slime green on my nails for the Halloween season, and this was my chance. Woohoo! Take a look.

Green and Purple Matte Dotticure

For this dotticure, I started out with a gradient using Sally Hansen Pronto Purple, Pure Ice Black Rage, and Color Club Twiggie. Then I mattified it using NYC Matte Me Crazy, and added I dots with Pronto Purple and Twiggie. I so love the way this mani turned out! Here are a few pics of the process, so you can see the gradient before I mattified it and added the dots.

Matte Gradient

Thanks for looking, and be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge!