Day 13 (July 25th) of the Summer Challenge is Dolphins/Whales or Favorite Water Animal. Thank goodness this was toward the end of the challenge because it took me weeks to think of this one! I decided to go with seahorses, because they are always the sea animal that makes me the most excited at the aquarium (mostly because they are just so stinkin cute!). :)
For the background, I used Salon Perfect Blue Raspberry. After that, I painted on my seahorses using NYC Taxi Yellow Creme, Finger Paints chocolate brown, and Avon Gleaming Gold using my new nail art brushes!! My nail art can be so much more detailed now - I am so excited! I added the seaweed along the edges using China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, and used a small dotting tool to add the bubbles using Pure Ice SuperStar!.
Here is Salon Perfect Blue Raspberry by itself. This is a super inexpensive polish I found at Walmart. It's not the best polish ever, but it has amazing shine with no topcoat and they have a lot of really pretty colors.
Thank you so much for looking! A full outline of the challenge can be found here. Please be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge, too!
- Theodora from Red Hair and Black Nail Polish
- Kaki from GlitterObsession
- Whimsical Glam
- Sue from Creative Nail Design by Sue
- Sangy from Lipgloss Affairs
- Taya from Taya
- Kelly from Adventures in Nail Art
- Diana from Nails by Diana
- Alexis Leigh from -XOXO Alexis Leigh
- Namira from Namira Rahman
- Chiro from Nail of This Week
- IsaBella at IsaBella's World
- Beautilicious Blogger
- Nikki from Little Green Heart
- Peace Love and Polish