Here are the rules for this award:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions the tagger has asked you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers to give this award to and link to them
- Go to their pages and tell them (Remember no tag backs!)
So here are my 11 facts:
- I just celebrated my 10 year wedding anniversary.
- I have a dog and three cats (and they torture us, but we adore them).
- I am a college student part-time and hope to graduate in less than 2 years now.
- I have a younger sister who is a very talented musician - she can play any instrument, it's amazing, and I am so proud of her!
- I am an avid gamer - I play xbox and have put in more hours than I should admit.
- I snowboard in the winter - but not last winter because we didn't have one. :(
- I am going on vacation in less than 3 weeks and I cannot wait!
- Ever since I saw the movie Amelie, I love eating creme brulee.
- Speaking of movies, I love old romantic movies - anything black and white!
- I can't stand the city - the only reasons why I will go there is for the art museum, the zoo, or good food.
- I have quite possible the best family ever. Even my in-laws are awesome, and I feel so lucky to have all of them in my life. :)
Here are the questions that Polished Art asked me:
- Why did you start your blog? I had been playing around with nail art I found on Pinterest, and was posting my pictures there. It seemed to get a lot of interest, so I decided to try my hand at blogging.
- How did you get into nail art? I have always enjoyed painting my nails, and did the occasional polka dots or stripes as far back as high school (and that was a long time ago). I started to really get into nail art earlier this year. It takes less time than a painting and gives me an outlet for my creativity.
- What's your go to manicure when you're feeling uninspired? Probably something with tape, but I am rarely uninspired. :)
- What nail polish are you lusting after at the moment? That's a hard one! I really like the new Zoya Gloss polishes, and I am also practically desperate to get my hands on all the colors from the OPI Muppet Collection. :)
- Which is your favorite brand of nail polish? Drugstore: NYC High End: Zoya
- Are you a fan of indie polishes and why? I am NOT a fan. First of all, I can't afford them, and they don't seem worth it to me. And secondly, as you may have noticed, I am not a big fan of all-over glitter. I love sparkle, but I think that painting your nails in one glitter polish is boring (even if the polish is crazy colorful), it's just not me.
- Which sports do you enjoy watching in the Olympics? Gymnastics, and anything on the track/running. I used to run when I was younger, and miss it like crazy, but I just don't have the time in my life right now to dedicate to it. Hopefully that will change when I graduate from college!
- Where in the world would you most like to visit? Oh gosh, there are a lot of places, but I think I would love to go somewhere like Bora Bora for a romantic getaway with my hubby. We never had a honeymoon, and I feel like we need to remedy that! Maybe for our 15 year anniversary we will make it happen.
- What other hobbies do you have? Aside from what I mentioned earlier, I also love scrapbooking, photography, painting or pretty much any art, and watching old movies (from the 20's - 50's).
- Do you have any strange fears? Well, I'm not afraid of much...but I can't eat frozen custard because the last time I had it (over 10 years ago), I was sick for 3 days (which was probably the flu and unrelated). I can't get over it though and am basically terrified of frozen custard. :)
- And for the classic...if you were an animal, what would you be and why? There are a lot of animals I would like to be, but the one that is popping in my head now is a dolphin. I think it would be cool to swim like that and see all the awesome things that are in the ocean.
And here are the blogs I am nominating - hopefully this will not be a repeat for any of you:
- Scarlet Nail Diaries
- Chocolate on my mouse
- Confessions Of A Polishaholic
- Girl On A Shoestring
- Hooked on Varnish
- Lacquer Pamper
- Mangling my Manicure
- My Nail of This Week