Friday, August 31, 2012

Geek Challenge Day 4: Ultimate Geek

I thought about all the different things I do that people might call geeky. I thought about my love for sci fi movies/tv/books, all things with knights/princesses/castles, mythical creatures like elves, fairies, orcs, dragons, and more, and video games. I didn't really know where to start. In the end, I decided to go with a video game theme. Specifically, my beloved Xbox. I'm telling you, if I didn't have this thing, I don't know what I would do. It is my sole form of entertainment. If something happens to it, I will cry...and then I will go out and get another one. :) So here is my Xbox themed manicure.


I decided to use the controller as my inspiration. My index finger is the X button. My middle finger is the Y button. My ring finger is the B button. My pinky is the A button, and my thumb is the Xbox button. I love my Xbox. :)

Xbox Manicure
Xbox Manicure

For the blue X, I used China Glaze Ride The Waves and a mixture of Revlon First Class, Pure Ice Black Rage and Pure Ice Super Star!. For the yellow Y, I used a mix of Zoya Arizona and Pippa, and Pure Ice Super Star!. For the red B, I used Lancome Rouge Saint Honore, which is an absolutely gorgeous red, and a mixture of NYC Big Apple Red Creme, Pure Ice Super Star! and Pure Ice Black Rage. For the green A, I used NYC High Line Green, Pure Ice Super Star! and Pure Ice Black Rage. For my Xbox button thumb, I used NYC Tribecca Silver and Spoiled Permission To Proceed.


Here is a bit of a swatch I did with my base colors, so you can see these colors on their own.



Thank you so much for looking, and be sure to check out what the other bloggers did!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love how you gave the letters dimension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to make sure they looked like the actual buttons. :)

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! They look just like the buttons, you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job. I like the shadow on the letters and they look like bright shiney buttons like when you get a brand new xbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should have seen me holding up the controller and asking my husband if it looked the same. I bugged the heck out of that poor man. :) He's good though, he always gives an honest opinion!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.