Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge - Mummy Nails

It's day four of the Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, and I had to think long and hard about how to do mummy nails. It's a look that I have seen so many times, I needed to figure out how to put my own spin on it. So, I thought about mummies and that led me to tombs, which led me to the fancy sarcophagi from ancient Egypt, and there was my inspiration. I decided to use what I learned in art history about ancient Egypt to help me out with this mani. Take a look.

with flash
in natural light
I started out with AVON Gleaming Gold, then added my stripes using Bath & Body Works #33 and Mash-46. The eye of Horus was done with the same blue using Mash-36 and then I filled it in with   Pure Ice Black Rage and Pure Ice Super Star!. I'm very pleased with the way this mani turned out! Here is a picture on AVON Gleaming Gold all by itself.

with flash

in natural light

Thanks for looking, and be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really like this. It's really striking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used a picture I found of King Tut's sarchophagus that was in my Art History textbook. Who knew school would come in handy for nail art?!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.