Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge - Mummy Nails

It's day four of the Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, and I had to think long and hard about how to do mummy nails. It's a look that I have seen so many times, I needed to figure out how to put my own spin on it. So, I thought about mummies and that led me to tombs, which led me to the fancy sarcophagi from ancient Egypt, and there was my inspiration. I decided to use what I learned in art history about ancient Egypt to help me out with this mani. Take a look.

with flash
in natural light
I started out with AVON Gleaming Gold, then added my stripes using Bath & Body Works #33 and Mash-46. The eye of Horus was done with the same blue using Mash-36 and then I filled it in with   Pure Ice Black Rage and Pure Ice Super Star!. I'm very pleased with the way this mani turned out! Here is a picture on AVON Gleaming Gold all by itself.

with flash

in natural light

Thanks for looking, and be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge!