Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge - Pumpkin Mani

It's day nine of the Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, so today I have pumpkins on my nails. But before I show them off, I just want to send my safe wishes to everyone on the east coast. I have a lot of friends and family all along the coast, and while I am happy to say that they are all fine, I know others were not so lucky and my heart goes out to all of you. I wish I could say that I got away unscathed as I live all the way in Ohio, but our proximity to the lake made things quite bad here, too. The wind was crazy and it just continues to keep raining. I had a 45 minute commute to school this morning turn into a 5 hour commute due to some issues with the lake deciding to take over the freeway and numerous power outages. Other than the stress and anxiety, though, I am fine.

 So, on to the nails. I couldn't just do pumpkins...I had to be different. Of course. So I thought about one of my favorite food in the autumn that the word 'pumpkin' always brings to mind - pumpkin roll! Check out my pumpkin roll nails. :)


I started out with a coat of China Glaze Desert Sun, then added a coat of Nubar Black Polka Dot (to look like nutmeg and other delicious spices). After that, I stamped in white using Mash-40. I then traced the outline, with a mixture of white and Sinful Colors Unicorn to make my cream cheese filling. Mmmmmmm cream cheese filling....

Anyway, that's all I've got for you today. Hope you like my pumpkin roll mani. Tomorrow I will have my last post for this nail art challenge. Thanks for looking, and be sure to check out the other participants in this challenge!

2 comments:

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.