Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tri Polish Tuesday - Lilac, Teal, & Grey + 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge

Alright, so this is the last manicure you will ever see again featuring these colors. I'll tell you what, 5 Tuesdays in a month is way too many! BUT, I will say that this mani turned out pretty good, too. I am actually completing both my requirement for Tri Polish Tuesday and the very first prompt for the newest challenge I joined with The Crumpet's Nail Tarts: The 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge. Fifty. Two. Weeks. The prompt is a two-color gradient and teal. So, I opted to do it all in one. I'll explain what this challenge is at the end of the post. Anyway, I had asked for ideas for this one in my last post, and my mom suggested leopard or tiger. So, this is what I came up with.

Lilac and Teal Tiger Stripe Nails
Lilac and Teal Tiger Stripe Nails
Lilac and Teal Tiger Stripe Nails

After I created my gradient, I stamped over it using 2 plates: Konad m57 and Mash-41. Here is what my two-color gradient looked like before I added the stamping.

Lilac and Teal Gradient

So there you have it, the last Tri Polish post for this month. I don't think I'm going to participate in it for October, because I want to spend more time on the 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge, and maybe bring some of the ideas I've been hoarding into reality. Here is some info about the challenge, so you can understand what on earth I'm doing over the next year.


THE RULES:
Each week, there are 2 prompts.  It is our choice whether to do 1, both, or combine them. They have been set up as an extension of our Golden Oldie Thursdays, so the idea is to use an old polish, or an untried. Also, once a month, one of the color prompts will coincide with a Tri Polish Tuesday, in case I decide I want to do that again. For now, I just want to stick with one challenge and get all of my ideas out before I join another. Here is an example of what the challenge is set up like:

For this week (starting September 29th), the prompts are a 2 colour gradient and teal.
My options were:
1 - post a mani of any 2 colours in a gradient and later in the week post an oldie / untried teal
2 - only do one of the prompts
3 - post a mani of a 2 colour gradient where one of the colours is a teal (combining the prompts)

So there you have it. I've gotten myself into a fun one this time! If you are interested in joining us in the 52 Week Challenge, head over to Crumpet' Nail Tarts to join in.

Thanks so much for looking, and be sure to check out what the others did for this last day of September's Tri Polish Tuesdays!



And look here to see what everyone did for the first day of the 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.