Thursday, September 4, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Indie

Hi! For my Golden Oldie post today, you are getting a WAAAAYYY overdue review of some polishes I bought from LynBDesigns on Etsy, which I absolutely adore. I actually was in the midst of swatching these last year when I received the news that my grandmother did not have long to live and had to pick up and go to Connecticut to say goodbye. I was wearing Let's Get Mawwied when she passed away. It's a silly thing to remember, but I don't think I'll ever forget. Anyway, this girl has a fabulous collection of handmade polishes. I picked up four of them at the time, and I love them ALL!

First up, I am going to share the two Dr. Who themed polishes that I purchased. I love them so much - both for the names, and the colors and quality. This first one, is called Time And Relative Dimension In Space. It is a pretty blue jelly with shimmery flecks, silver glitter, and some silver shard glitter as well. It applied very nicely and dried to a satin finish. I decided I wanted it shiny, so I added topcoat. This polish required 3 coats to cover my (unfortunately stained) nails, but I'm sure someone with unstained nails could get away with 2. It was easy to apply, even with all that glitter, too! This one did me no favors and stained my nails even worse, but ah well. I liked it too much to really mind. :) My original swatches for this were awful, so I redid them...hence the difference in nail lengths/lighting.

Lyn B Designs Time And Relative Dimension In Space


Next, we have The Girl Who Waited. I wore this to my grandmother's funeral, managed to take the pictures, but then just lost the desire to blog for a little while afterward. This polish is a very sheer purple tinted jelly with iridescent shimmer, purple glitters, and large pink flower glitter. I'm in love with the flower glitter. This Amy Pond polish suited me very nicely, too. This one also was a breeze to apply and could be built up with 4-5 coats if desired. I opted to wear two coats of it over two coats of Maybelline WC135. I had to fish for the flower glitters and place them individually on my nails, but they were not difficult to get out of the bottle.

Lyn B Designs The Girl Who Waited

Next, is a polish from her Land Before Time Collection. This is Spike, and fits that cute little dinosaur to a T! It has tiny black glitters, medium bluish iridescent square glitter, and large gold flower glitter! I love it. I'm especially in love with the square iridescent glitters. From some angles, you can't even see them and then you turn your hand a certain way, and suddenly there is a gorgeous pop of bright blue! You can see it on my pinky - love!

Lyn B Designs Spike

And last, (but not least!) is a Princess Bride Reference - Let's Get Mawwied. The name alone cracked me up and could have easily been the only reason I bought it. BUT, it is also a white crelly with multiple pastel colored glitters that is just to DIE for. I love it. It looks like frosting with sprinkles, so that is probably why I love it so much. :)

Lyn B Designs Let's Get Mawwied
Lyn B Designs Let's Get Mawwied

I totally love these polishes from LynBDesigns and can't wait to get more from her. I keep hoping for more Dr. Who themed polishes, so hopefully she will make some....or any other of my favorite TV shows/movies for that matter - The Little Mermaid, Mulan, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Psych, Merlin....haha. Be sure to check back in for my next post. I have some more fun nail art to share for Tripolish Tuesday! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.