Friday, July 17, 2015

Dr. Who Galaxy Nails

A while back, I ordered some nail vinyls from Loki's Nail Vinyls, and when Tara saw that I had ordered Tardis decals, she threw in a small strip of gold daleks. Eeeep! So, this mani has been on my mind for a while, and I finally had the chance to execute it. Yay!


My idea was to do a galaxy manicure and have the Tardis "chasing" a couple of daleks. So, I went to work creating my galaxy nails. The galaxies had to be purple-based of course - duh!! :P I used OPI Lincoln Park in the Dark and then sponged on my "galaxies" using Julep Margaret, Butter London Petrol, Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac, Sinful Colors Cinderella, and Pure Ice SuperStar!. I added one coat of Maybelline Precious for stars. Here is how they turned out. Pretty sweet, right? I totally love them. I loved them so much, I was terrified I would somehow manage to screw up my vinyls and ruin the mani, so I photographed them first. haha


Luckily, the application of my vinyls was just fine. Look at how cute the little daleks are! Ahhhh! I painted over top of the vinyls to add some extra detail using my smallest brush, along with my black nail art pen from Sally Hansen.


Oh, here is what OPI Lincoln Park in the Dark looks like on it's own. It is super rich and opaque. It only needed one coat.


Thank you so much for coming by today! You guys, I wish I was rich so I could buy all of the things I want. Tara came out with another cool set of vinyls that I really want. And the whole ramen plan isn't going to work. It turns out you can't have ramen when you are trying to follow the South Beach diet. :P Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.