Friday, April 6, 2012

Dotted Mani

So, I decided to enter a contest (why, not?) and there were some requirements for the nail art. I decided to go with dots because I hadn't tried it before. I don't have a dotting tool, but I saw an idea from The Beauty Department to make my own. I ended up using a pin with a larger round ball and it worked very well. Here is the original mani. After I got this done, I couldn't resist adding a little bit more.

Loreal Shock Proof White, NYC Penn Station, NYC Greenwich Village, Wet 'n Wild Blazed, and Orly Sunset Peach
After that, I make a dotting tool using a pin with s small ball and added little white dots to my ring finger nail.

So, my first dotting experience went pretty well. I tried to pick colors that reminded me of a sunset I saw in Massachusetts last summer. It was already almost dark out, but the sun setting just over the water created this awesome purple to orange effect. It was gorgeous!