Thursday, April 5, 2012

Abstract Spring Colors

So, I actually saw this first from Little Nails, but it looks like it was originally done by Nailside. Anyway, I loved the idea and had to put my own spin on it, so I pulled out all of my brightest springy colors and went for it. I cut up my own pieces of tape, which was a bit difficult - it was very hard to get them nice and straight, so some of my lines are a bit less perfect than I would have liked, but I still love how these turned out.

This blue is actually a pearly white I mixed with a dark blue years(ok a whole decade) ago, NYC Uptown, Orly Sunset Peach, Wet n Wild Blazed, and Solar FX Wanna Play?
These polishes are all so old, I'm not sure if they still exist. The Orly was a gift back when I was in high school...a LONG time ago, and so was the Solar FX. With some of my polishes, I add ethyl acetate if they start to dry out, but I don't think I did that with any of these ones, so I am thoroughly impressed! I found some more tutorials from other sites, so I'll be trying out some more ideas soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.