Saturday, November 7, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Black & White

Lord have mercy, I am having a heck of a time lately. BUT I will persevere, darn it! So, in the spirit of persevering in the face of so much disappointment in the world...I bring you my black and white for this week. Yeah, it was supposed to post yesterday. But yesterday was the first day in 3 days I didn't wake up feeling like absolute trash, and I had to go to work haha. So, after work, I did this mani. I was too tired to blog about it, so I'm doing it today. I may have slept until noon, but I'm still fighting off whatever illness I had, and I'm up now! The theme this week is black and white, and most of my favorite black and white art is from my dad's favorite artist, M.C. Escher. Now, let me tell you about how hard it is to recreate a pencil drawing with a paintbrush and nailpolish. It's hard. So I went for one of his most simplistic designs - cubes!


I used three basic colors from Pure Ice, SuperStar! (white), Black Rage, and Kiss Me Here (grey). The cubes were not to bad to paint. You just start with a hexagon pattern (like honeycombs), then paint in the rectangles of black and grey. It came out looking pretty cool, although a bit on the sloppy side. I have to start on next week's manicure now so that I can take my time with it!


It looks less sloppy from a distance! haha


Thank you so much for checking out my nailart. Make sure you look at everyone else's black and white nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.