Wednesday, November 12, 2014

52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge - Yellow + Elephants

I have something that I have to admit to: I have been totally lazy and uncreative lately with my manis. Gasp! There I said it. Every time I get a prompt, I turn to my husband and ask what I should do. So for this manicure, I did it again. I said "tell me a wild animal I should put on my nails", and he said "elephants!". So, now I have some very cutesy yellow elephants today for your viewing pleasure. I should just start having him write this blog, too. :D


So, I didn't realize how much these were going to look like they belong in a baby's nursery until I was pretty much done with them. But, I kind of like it. I used Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow for my base and drew in the elephants using Pure Ice Vintage Glam. I used a dotting tool for the polka dots on the other nails, and for the dots on the elephants' ears, too. The elephants' eyes were done with dotting tools, too and Konad Special White and Special Black.


Here is what Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow looks like by itself. It's a bit on the thin side like a lot of yellows, so it took three thin coats to get completely opaque and not streaky.



Thank you so much for looking, and be sure to check out what everyone else did! I am coming up with my own idea for the next mani so that I don't have to give my handsome hubby the credit for yet another manicure. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.