Thursday, November 20, 2014

52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge - Books + Brown

Ah books. I love books so much. I had a hard time just picking one book to inspire me, so I had to think about this one a while. I was sitting in my living room just staring at our bookshelf trying to find the one book that would wind up gracing my nails for this challenge. In the end, I couldn't pick one, so I came up with this manicure instead.


Staring at my bookshelf gave me the idea to the book bindings of several books. I have collected all of my favorite classics in leather with pretty gold embossed covers, and they all look so pretty sitting next to each other. I thought it would look good on my nails, so I went for it. I'm not sure that I like it in practice, but ah well. This is O.P.I. A-Piers To Be Tan as the base. I used the plastic wrap technique to blot on a darker brown polish from China Glaze called Call of the Wild, then added my detail and titles using Julep Mahima.


Here is what O.P.I. A-Piers To Be Tan looks like by itself. This is two smooth coats with a coat of Seche Vite.


Thank you so much for looking. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.