Thursday, January 8, 2015

Julep It Girl Box - December 2014

Hey ladies! I got the Maven box last month and have those three polish swatches here for your viewing pleasure. :) You actually already got a sneak peak of two of them in my post on Loki's Nail Vinyls. But, here I will show off swatches, plus my opinions on the polish.


First up, is Rochelle. This is a dark magenta, leaning more purple than pink. It's a lovely metallic hue and not streaky, which makes me happy. This polish went on in two smooth coats.


Next, is Aurora. It is a bright, silver metallic. It is very opaque and could have been a one-coater, but here I did two very thin coats to even out the strokes. Yes, this polish has very visible brushstrokes, which you all know drives me kinda mad. I will say that if you paint on your first coat and sponge on the second, it looks totally perfect, and I think that is how I am going to use my metallics from here on. My new favorite nail aprons come in very handy for that! You can see the process below. Yay!




In case you forgot, here is the mani I did with these two polishes. They look great together!


Last, we have Sharna, the glitter. This is a coppery mix of tiny glitters and is very densely packed, so you can totally go without undies. I did three thin coats here to reach opacity.


All in all, this set is alright, but I do not love it. I think my days of being a Julep Maven are numbered. There is such a thing as too many silver and gold metallic polishes (I swear there is one in the set every month) and there is also a lot of pink/red polish which I feel I already have enough of. There just isn't enough creativity, and I feel like I have too much of the same. I want polish that is truly unique. I think I would like to start getting a monthly box of indies, but they are just so expensive, I don't think I can do it. Does anyone have any recommendations? Maybe there is something out there I haven't heard of yet that one of you can clue me in on. I just want something more creative/original than what Julep has to offer. I guess that happens when you own 500+ bottles of nailpolishes...eep.

Thank you so much for looking. I've got a giant box of Julep polishes coming to me this week from cashing in all of my Jules. I figured I had better cash them in before I say my goodbye, so now I can part ways with ease. I'll have those polishes reviewed as quickly as I can, although it will probably take the whole month. Who knows, maybe this box will change my mind. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.