Monday, April 28, 2014

April Julep Box + Add-ons

For April's Julep box, I opted to forego my usual It Girl box, and chose the Bombshell box instead. I needed those colors more - haha. It came with a blush, too, which I haven't tried out yet, but definitely will this summer. I'm not a blush girl in the winter, but I'll wear it once I get some sun. I also picked up two add-ons, so I have four polishes to show off here today.


The first one I have for you is called Tatum. It is a very pretty green shimmer. It has a slight frost finish, so it does leave some brushstrokes, but they are not too noticeable. This polish is on the thin side, so I did three thin coats to ensure that there would be no bald patches.


The next polish is called Kayla. This polish had me convinced that it was going to be a disaster before I put it on, but it ended up being absolutely gorgeous. It is extremely sheer. On the first coat, I thought maybe it was one of those polishes that you are supposed to put over black, but then with the second coat, it became much more opaque and I was able to see just how gorgeous it would be. I added one more coat to ensure opacity, and boy is this one a beauty. It is a purple shimmer that shifts pink, and could potentially be used as a jelly. It is my favorite of the bunch. These were three thick coats.


Next up, I have Phoebe. This polish was the most opaque of them all and went on in just two coats. It is a teal shimmer/frost, like Tatum. There are visible brushstrokes if you look closely, but they did not bother me at all.


Last, is Felicia. This is a fin polish. I wore it for Easter, because it just seemed to fit. It is a pale green cream with different sized black matte glitters in it. It looks like a speckled egg when it is on. I like this one a lot, too. It is a close second to Kayla. This one took just two coats as well.


Thanks for looking. I am getting May's box, so I will have that one to share as well within the next month. I always try to get them in before the end of the month, so we shall see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.