Friday, June 28, 2013

June Tri Polish Challenge = Red + Pink + Purple - Day 4

I should seriously change the name of my blog to 'Better Late Than Never' because it's my favorite thing to say. BUT, I did have the mani done on Thursday, I just didn't have it in me to edit the pics and write the blog post last night after it was done because I really needed to get to bed after 2 days straight of studying and finals. I was exhausted! So for this mani, I had this idea in my head that did not work out so well in practice, but since I am short one time, you are getting the first attempt. I still think that this could be successful, just maybe with colors that contrast a bit more, and maybe with more time. :)


So here is the obligatory bottle shot so that you can see the three bottles of polish that have been getting more use in the past 2 weeks than they EVER have before.


And here is mani I came up with. I started off with two coats of Misa Party In The Masquerade, then created my own stencils using masking tape and one of the many scrapbooking punchers that I have. My first thought was that it would be super cool to sponge around the butterfly image, but I failed miserably and just didn't have enough energy to try again. SO, I decided to just sponge onto through the stencil that was left after I punched out the butterflies. Side note: haha I just said 'punched out the butterflies' I'm violent today! :P


So there you have it. I will be trying this again, because I am convinced that I can make it work. I just need better colors and more time! I have one more final which is a 90 minute timed test with 3 essay questions. It sounds horrible, so I saved it for last. Wish me luck - I'm taking it tonight so that I can enjoy my weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I really like it. It reminds me of the black and white abstract pictures that psychologists use, but it is pink instead. "what do you see in this nail art?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I see what you mean! Maybe I will try this technique out with black and white next time!! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This colour combination is just in point!
    love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it as well! Abstract, yet bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.