Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Laid-Back NEW31DC Day 10 - Geometric

For today's manicure, I am taking inspiration from M.C. Escher. My father is a fan of his geometric patterns and artwork, and as a kid, I looked at it a lot. It really is intriguing. Of course, I couldn't do any of the more detailed/intricate ones, so I went with something pretty tame. But, if you look at it, it's just as confusing as any of his other work. :) So, here is my take on the geometric challenge!


I started off with two coats of Color Club Twiggie. The rest of the detail was done with Revlon Posh and L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer in Forest Green. Here is Twiggie all by itself.


What do you think? I think the thumb turned out best. Why is that anyway? It always seems like the thumb turns out best.



Make sure you check out what everyone else did.



1 comment:

  1. Looks awsome- I really like this mix of colours: especially CC Twiggie (perfect for the spring!)
    The pattern is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.