Saturday, December 8, 2012

Glitter Sandwich - L.A. Girls Blissful Blackberry Scented Polish

Hi everyone! Today I have some nails that started out as one thing, and then changed to something completely different. I bought this polish at Drug Mart over the summer and was too obsessed with bright colors to wear it. Well it is perfect for fall and winter, so I pulled it out with the intention of doing some nail art. However, when I painted on the first few strokes and realized it was a jelly, I decided I would do my first glitter sandwich. And oh boy did I get crazy with the glitters!


I started off with 3 coats of Blissful Blackberry so I could show it by itself. Then, I added a coat of NYC Big City Dazzle. I've had this polish forever, but I don't think I've ever shown it, so I'll have to do that for you guys sometime. It's a very pretty and subtle glitter topper. So then, I added a coat of OPI Divine Swine from my beloved Muppet Collection, which is another polish I've never shown on here, but have had for months. And last, but not least, I added Color Club Diamond Drops, yet another polish I have never shared. It is awesome. This is actually the first time I've used a shard glitter, and I was surprised at how easy it was to apply. After that, I added another coat of L.A. Girls Blissful Blackberry to complete the sandwich.


Here is Blissful Blackberry all by itself. It is quite pretty on its own, and has a very light berry scent. I can't smell it unless I actually put my nails right up to my nose and sniff. And that looks very weird, but I still did it haha.


Well, thanks so much for looking. I have two more weeks of school, and then I will have more time for nail art. Yay! Sorry I neglect the blog so much during the semester. I've gotta get good grades after all, and that's hard enough when you're working full time. I'm still looking for a SHORT nail art challenge to participate in for the holidays if no one wants to participate in mine. I simply do not have the time to join in on any challenge until after 12/11. All the challenges I've seen started this week, or 12/1, and I've got finals, which means there will be no fancy nail art until that last final is completed. I haven't had any takers on my abbreviated nail art challenge idea, but if any of you decide you want to, or know of someone who is having one that you can share with me, please comment below. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.