Thursday, April 2, 2015

Funky French with Flowers

Hello! I have been playing with my collection of Loki's Nail Vinyls again, and did a cute floral, Spring-inspired mani using her vinyls to create a nice crisp funky french. I'm not sure where my inspiration came for this one. I was just sketching out ideas and then all of the sudden this idea was born. These three colors go so well together, too!


I started of with three coats of NYC Hamptons Peach, then used Loki's Nail Vinyls to mask the tip of each nail and painted over top of it using Julep Donna. Here is what it looked like at that point. Pardon the poor lighting, I wasn't in the mood to pull out my light box for this part. I really need to buy another Ott light. :) Oh and also, the dryness from the acetone - gross. Whatever though, you guys get the idea!


After I did that, I used a dotting tool to create the flowers using Color Club London Calling, then added a dot of Julep Donna in the center of each one. I really love this manicure. It came out so much better than I had even hoped. I have been sketching out my ideas on paper lately, and boy is it helping lol.


Here is NYC Hamptons Peach all by itself. This polish was a bit on the thin side, but it built up to opacity in 3 coats.


Thank you for stopping by to look today! I will be back in a couple days with a new mani for the 52 Week Pick n Mix. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.