Friday, December 19, 2014

52 Week Pick n Mix - Crinkly Tape Manicure with a Glitter Topper

Hi everyone! I am getting so caught up in all of the holidays things there are to do, I am having a hard time keeping up with my blogging, so I may *gasp* go with plain nails through the holiday, just because there is so much other stuff to do right now. If I do go missing for a while, never fear...I'll be back after the holiday madness has ended. :) Anyway, I have some purple nails for you today! You all know I love purple, so I'm super excited about these nails.



I used NYC Nolita's Lavender for my base, then I cut some tape with scrapbooking scissors to make a scalloped edge. I masked half the nail, and painted on a no name glitter topper my husband got me from a company called Black Poppy. I totally love the tiny turquoise and magenta glitters in here and they look SO good with purple!


Sorry the picture above is so blurry. I was in too much of a rush and then I broke a nail, so I couldn't retake the pictures. Here is what Nolita's Lavender looks like by itself. I adore every shade of purple, but I'm really fond of this one. It is slightly dusty and a great opaque color. It went on in two smooth coats. I really want to try it for stamping to see if it will work.


Make sure you take a look at what everyone else did for this week's challenge. I may forgo next week's challenge in favor of all of the Christmas festivities that will be happening. Yay for family, food, fun, and presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.