Friday, December 12, 2014

Winter Landscape Nail Art - The Frozen Lake

So, I always try to get creative, but I had very few stamps I could work with on this one, so I found myself struggling. I finally came up with the idea to do Lake Erie when it freezes. Lake Erie is a large lake, and has waves like the ocean (but smaller). When it gets very, very cold here, the lake begins to freeze and it freezes with big chunks of ice formed by the waves. I figured I could use a wave stamp for this, so that is exactly what I did.


I started out with a gradient using Julep Jessica and Dendrie. After that, I stamped the waves, just over Dendrie. This is MoYou Suki plate 06. I added Zoya Snowsicle over top of the waves to try to show the sparkle that you see on the ice from the sunlight hitting it.


Thank you so much for looking, and please make sure you check out what everyone else did for this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.