Monday, June 6, 2016

April 2016 Julep It Girl Box

Hi everyone. Today, I have some polishes to show that I have had for a while, and had struggled to get swatched and shared on here. It's the Julep Maven It Girl box from April. I had just ordered my usual box, which should have come with 4 polishes, but for some reason, they messed up and sent me a different box. I received face wash and a sponge (which I didn't want), and 3 polishes: red, pink, and white. Really? If I wanted red, pink, and white, that is what I would have ordered. I have enough red, pink, and white to last me a lifetime. I was super upset. So, I took a picture of the box I received and a printscreen of my receipt for what I had actually ordered, and filed a complaint. Their customer service was slow, but once they responded, they were helpful. They sent out the correct box, which I received about a week later, and said I did not need to send the other one back. Um...okay? So, anyway, here is what I ended up with.


Now, I know that this is a pretty good deal to get all this for $19, so I can't complain. I just wish they had gotten it right the first time. I'm kind of afraid to get another month for fear that it will just be wrong and a big hassle again. I don't see collections I like much anymore, so it will be a while before you see another one. I jumped on this one because I don't have many other jelly/sheer polishes like this, and I had originally ordered all colors that I specifically didn't have to give myself more versatility with my nail art. I've skipped the two months since, but I check each month to see if it is something I want. Anyway, on to the polish. I swatched all of these over the white that came with the set. This one is names Brigitte. It is super opaque and I'm showing two coats here. I couldn't get away with one because I kept seeing streaks and unevenness.


Next, we have Ari. This is a sheer magenta pink. It painted on super smoothly, and this is two coats over Brigitte.


Then, we have Brynn. This is a sheer orange. There are also two coats here, and the formula was the same as Ari - super smooth.


Next up, we have Kimball. I had some issues with this one. It looked like it was supposed to be red, but when I painted it over white, it looked more pink than anything. Also, the formula was a little rough. It went on much less smooth and streaked a bit, which resulted in me having to use three coats here. There is still a frustrating amount of patchiness despite that.


Next, we have Delaney. This one was a simlar formula. It was streaky, and I had to do three coats here. There are still very visible streaks in the application that I just couldn't seem to get rid of.


The last polish I have to show is Shanna. This one was the worst of all in terms of formula. I would love to have a nice purple jelly, but this is not it. It was terrible streaky, and it was almost grainy in texture.


I want to try these out over a stamp to see if they work out any better that way. I am also thinking they will gradient well, so I'll probably try that at some point too. Did anyone have better luck with these? I am wondering if there is just something I'm doing wrong here with the application on the last three. Well, anyway, here is the box. Super late, and with added goodies. Let me know what you guys think about these. I can't wait to try them out over stamping, so hopefully I'll get the chance to do that soon. I will share it when I do! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.