Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vacation Nails + Beautiful Beach Pics

Hi all. Well this has been a long time coming! I guess a month isn't that bad...it could be worse. I am seriously drowning in homework over here and have barely had any time to paint my nails at all. I've done a bit though, so I have some material to share throughout the next few months as the homework intensifies. Before I left for my vacation in August, I was trying to decide on what to wear on my nails and decided to go for function. I knew that I wouldn't want to have to paint my nails while I was there because I would be too busy having fun and relaxing, so I went for a polish that I knew would last the whole week with no chips. This is the only polish I own that will not have a single chip even after over a week of abuse and playing in the sand!



This is Sally Hansen Sorbet from their Smooth & Perfect line. I am pretty sure they did away with this polish because the formula was TOO good. They wanted more chips so that they could sell more polish. It's a bit of a boring color, so I jazzed it up with a nice glitter gradient using Revlon Stunning.

On our trip, my dad found a rock that was dark gray with pink glittery sparkles in it. As I was holding it and exclaiming "ooh pretty, sparkle, shiny!!!", I realized that it match my mani. So, my lovely sister and I did our best to get a good photograph to share on the blog. This is the best picture she was able to capture. It was tough because it was so sunny, but you can see those pink sparkles!


Here is a close-up so you can see what I'm talking about. The rock looks like it has glitter in it. And, yes, I kept it. So, now it sits among all of my other rocks that I have brought home from various trips around the U.S. :)


Here are a few pics of the sights and scenes from my vacation for you to look at.


I'm headed to California for a wedding this week, so I'll have another "vacation mani" for you and maybe some fun pics to share in a few more weeks! Thank you so much for reading!

1 comment:

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.