Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great Nail Art Ideas - Hippies/Festivals & The Lacquer Ring - Chevrons

Hello! I'm back again. I didn't know if  would be. But I actually really like this mani I did, so of course I wanted to share! The theme for this week's challenges didn't exactly go together, but I made them! Haha! So for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas, our theme was hippes/festivals, so I got this random idea to do feathers. I always see those festival girls wearing feathers. With the theme in my other group being chevrons, I decided to just combine the two. Feathers and chevrons go together, I say!


I used Drip Drop Feather Boa (totally what gave me the idea!) as my base. The swatch will be at the end of this post! I used vinyls from Love,Angeline to do the chevrons using Konad Special White. Then, I made these two feathers by painting Cupcake Berry Good Looking on my Uber Mat, and stamped the feather image from BM-419 on top. It's kind of the opposite of a normal stamping decal because Berry Good Looking was bleeding pigment into my white. This way, it didn't bleed (until I put the topcoat on). It bled way worse the other way, and my white turned a pretty dark shade of pink! I just cut them out carefully after they dried and stuck them on using topcoat.


Here is what Drip Drop Feather Boa looks like on it's own! It is a purple crelly with various shades and sizes of pink, white, black, and purple glitters throughout. There is also a metallic pink micro glitter in there. It painted on very smoothly and took just two coats to be nice and even. Well that is all I have for today. I will be back next week if I do a mani that I like! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, or even ask questions here as well. I try to respond to everyone within a day or two, and would love to hear what you think about my blog in general, the nail art, or any suggestions you may have.